90-Day Rehab Program
Seeking addiction treatment is the first step in overcoming substance abuse issues. However, determining the type of rehab program that will work best for you can be challenging. There are several types of treatment and ultimately it can be difficult to decide. It’s important to remember that addiction treatment centers typically recognize that an individualized approach is what is necessary to help people overcome addiction-related issues. This means your treatment protocol will be designed specifically for your needs.
The length of treatment time will also vary based on individual needs, as well as whether they will need to attend an inpatient or outpatient form of care. Typically, the longer the length of the program the more likely they will have greater success in maintaining recovery. 90-day rehab programs are highly regarded as being a more well-rounded approach to providing support for those individuals who are looking to overcome long-standing or severe substance use disorders. If you’re interested in learning more about how a 90-day rehab can help you, contact us now.
What is a 90-Day Rehab Program?
90-day rehab programs are a type of formal treatment program that focuses on providing comprehensive clinical care and ongoing support for individuals struggling with addiction. These programs offer a more intensive approach to treating addiction, as opposed to shorter 30-day or 60-day options.
Typically, 90-day rehab focuses on developing the individual’s personal knowledge and skills needed to manage cravings, triggers, and stressors associated with their substance use disorder. During this time period, the person will also receive more therapy sessions than those provided in a shorter length of treatment such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and other evidence-based therapies that have been proven to be effective at reducing relapse rates.
What Can I Expect During a 90-Day Rehab Program?
90-day rehab programs are designed to provide clients with the necessary tools and resources they need to successfully recover from their addiction. This includes:
- Attending individual, group, and family therapy sessions
- Take part in evidence-based recovery activities
- Participate in 12-step support groups or other peer-led support meetings
- Receive medication-assisted treatment or medication management services
- Become involved in holistic therapies like yoga, art, or music therapy
- Continue to practice coping skills and understand triggers
- Have access to leisure and recreational activities
- Discussing continuing care planning and other aftercare options after treatment
90-day programs also allow for more time for relapse prevention planning so that those who complete the program can transition back into everyday life with greater confidence and stability. It is important to note that 90-day programs should not be considered a “quick fix” but rather an intensive program tailored specifically to individual needs that can provide a more sustainable foundation for life-long sobriety.
In addition to providing participants with evidence-based treatment interventions and individualized care, 90-day rehab centers also typically provide comprehensive services such as 24/7 access to medical and psychiatric care, and in some cases, dual diagnosis treatment. Participants can expect a 90-day program to include detox services, nutritional guidance, and support for transitions into sober living environments.
Overall 90 day rehab centers offer an extended period of personalized rehabilitation from addiction that can set individuals up for success in managing sobriety long-term. With the help of evidence-based treatments and comprehensive services 90 day rehab can give a person with substance abuse disorder the best chance of creating a life free from drugs and alcohol.
90-day rehab programs typically begin with an initial evaluation and assessment of the person’s medical history, current physical health, and level of substance use. Based on their findings the 90-day treatment team can develop a personalized plan for care that can address any underlying mental health issues as well.
The 90-day program can provide guidance and support for a safe detox process, where individuals begin to cleanse their bodies from the substances. This is monitored closely by medical staff in order to ensure safety while minimizing discomfort and withdrawal symptoms. Each person’s experience with detox will be different. Some individuals will need medications in order to ease withdrawal symptoms while others may not.
During 90-day rehab individuals are given time to explore their addiction in greater detail and work through issues or behaviors related to their substance abuse. They have access to various evidence-based therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) which focuses on teaching individuals how to change negative thought patterns into positive ones. These programs offer individual counseling sessions, group therapy programs, recreational activities, holistic therapies such as yoga or meditation practices, and nutritional guidance.
90-day programs provide ongoing support that goes beyond the 90-day stay. Many 90-day rehab centers offer aftercare services, including sober living, alumni activities, and support groups. These are designed to help individuals stay on track with their recovery journey.
What are the Benefits of a 90-Day Rehab?
90-day rehab programs are beneficial for individuals dealing with more severe levels of addiction.
- Offer a deeper opportunity for individuals to focus on their recovery and find success
- Provide additional time to develop healthier coping skills, decision-making strategies, and positive lifestyle changes.
- Develop deeper connections with others within the facility including treatment staff and other participants
- Receive a more well-rounded level of support to overcome substance abuse and related issues
- Experience more opportunities to learn more about the self and gain a better understanding of who you are and what you need.
At 90-day rehabilitation, individuals can expect to gain a better understanding of their addiction and receive the support they need to successfully manage it.
All 90-day rehab facilities will have certified professionals who are trained to help participants with substance abuse problems. The staff typically consists of doctors, nurses, psychiatrists, counselors, and therapists who work together to create an individualized treatment plan for each patient based on their needs.
Who Benefits from 90-Day Rehab?
The 90-day program is most beneficial for those with chronic or long-term substance use disorders who need more intensive treatment than a 30-day program can provide. This extended period of care often gives individuals enough time to stabilize emotionally, physically, and spiritually while receiving comprehensive evidence-based therapy and other holistic treatments.
90 days also give people time to develop effective strategies for recovery and relapse prevention, including managing triggers, handling cravings, and developing a strong support system. 90-day programs are also beneficial for those who need an extended period of detoxification or a prolonged stay in treatment to avoid relapse.
How Will I Know if I Need a 90-Day Rehab?
If you have any of the following signs or symptoms you could benefit from a 90-day rehab program:
- You’ve tried to quit drugs or alcohol in the past with a program and were unsuccessful
- You’re currently suffering from withdrawal symptoms if you try to stop using substances
- You feel your substance abuse has become unmanageable and unaffordable
- You’re engaging in substance abuse activities at inappropriate or even dangerous times
- Friends and family may have asked you to seek treatment through an intervention or other confrontation method
- Your work and home life responsibilities are minimal and you can step away to become fully involved in the treatment
- The people in your life do not provide enough support to help you overcome addiction
At 90-day rehab, individuals can expect to be in a comfortable and supportive environment that encourages growth, self-discovery, and healing. Clients will benefit from individual therapy sessions two or three times per week as well as group therapy sessions several times a week – which provide a platform to share experiences, learn new coping skills, and build strong relationships with peers in recovery.
How Much Does 90-Day Rehab Cost?
The cost of 90-day rehab will vary depending on the type of program, amenities offered, and geographical location. As a generality, programs cost between $200 to $700 a day, which can total between $33,000 – $58,000. Common forms of payment accepted by 90-day programs include health insurance, private pay, and sliding scale fees for those who cannot afford treatment.
Does Insurance Typically Cover 90-Day Programs?
Many insurance policies will cover 90-day rehab programs, depending on the type of treatment needed. However, individuals should check with their providers before enrolling in a program to ensure that all expenses associated with 90-day rehabilitation are covered. Insurance companies often require preauthorization and verification of medical necessity for 90-day programs. Private pay and sliding scale fees may also be available for those who cannot afford treatment, allowing them to access quality care without breaking the bank.
To Summarize the Pros and Cons of 90-Day Rehab
- You’ll be provided with all the time and treatment resources you need to overcome substance abuse.
- Ability to master all the skills necessary for life outside of the rehab facility
- The skills you’ve developed will have now become habitual, making it easier to stick to your recovery plan
- Ability to build new relationships with others in recovery for support later
- Your overall mental, physical, and emotional health will be stronger once treatment ends
- Research has shown (according to the National Institute of Drug Abuse) there are better outcomes for those that engage in a 90-day program
- It’s expensive, which is the biggest issue with 90-day rehab
- The treatment can conflict with your home and work life, so you will need time to dedicate to the program
Learn More About Our 90-Day Programs at Northern Illinois Recovery!
If you or a loved one is interested in learning more about the long-term recovery programs we offer, please reach out to our facility today. We offer the full continuum of care and support individuals throughout the entire addiction treatment process, including sober living and aftercare support services. At Northern Illinois, our programs are tailored to your treatment needs. You will find the momentum and support you need in order to overcome addiction and maintain life-long sobriety!