Why Do I Need Alcohol Abuse Counseling?
Do you ever wonder “why do I need alcohol abuse counseling?” Have you ever found yourself wanting to control your drinking, but were unable to stop once you started? Do you regularly drink, or semi-regularly engage in binge drinking? Has alcohol consumption begun to disrupt your personal and professional life? If so, you may start to realize the answer to “why do I need alcohol abuse counseling?”
If someone has suggested that you should have this type of counseling or you’ve been thinking you need it but aren’t positive if you do, then read on for more details about the difficulties of living a life of alcohol abuse.
What Is Alcohol Abuse?
Some people may not be sure if they abuse alcohol. Their question is “what constitutes alcohol abuse?” There are a couple of ways to abuse alcohol. Some people have alcohol use disorder which is a chronic condition, while others binge drink alcohol occasionally. The latter group of people who binge drink are also abusing alcohol, but it’s just not every day. However, binge drinking is dangerous too.
If you are in either of these two categories, then you stand to benefit greatly from alcohol abuse counseling. Why do I need alcohol abuse counseling, you may wonder?
Why Do I Need Alcohol Abuse Counseling? Check Out These Benefits
Attending alcohol abuse counseling will be beneficial for you because you’ll receive the following:
- Alcohol detox — alcohol withdrawal symptoms are notoriously intense, especially for frequent or heavy drinkers. Symptoms like delirium tremens can be fatal due to an arrested heart rate. Doctors highly recommend undergoing alcohol detox to keep yourself safe — and away from any temptation to relapse.
- Medication assisted treatment — this type of treatment aids in the withdrawal process. Attempting to quit drinking without medication will be uncomfortable at the least and dangerous at the most.
- Supportive staff — you’ll be surrounded by qualified clinicians who will guide you through the emotional difficulties you may be experiencing.
- Evidence-based therapy — therapy will aid you in getting to the bottom of your alcohol use issues. Whether it’s individual or group therapy, you’ll gain strength from these sessions.
- Expertise — when you need it, you’ll have the expertise of doctors and nurses nearby. As you make your way from alcohol abuse to sobriety, you can do so safely and with assurance.
Now that you can better answer the question “why do I need alcohol abuse counseling?”, it makes sense to begin the process before your issues worsen.
Get started by completing the admissions process at Northern Illinois Recovery Center. This includes speaking to an intake coordinator about your current situation as well as your history. In addition, they will verify your insurance too. Once the admission’s process is complete, you can complete an assessment with a qualified clinician and discuss what treatment plan would work best for you.
Get Started on the Path to Recovery Today
At Northern Illinois Recovery, you can count on us to provide you with a broad range of evidence-based treatment programs that are top notch. Some of these programs include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
Therapy will also be critical in your recovery. We employ certified therapists and offer a variety of treatment programs that will address your situation. You are sure to get the best care for your needs.
Don’t let drug addiction steal the happiness and peace in your life. Now that you know the answer to why do I need alcohol abuse counseling, you can overcome addiction by going to a quality drug rehab center. Contact us at 855.786.1978, and we’ll walk with you on this new journey in life.