Most people will know the drug crisis in the United States. However, if you are in the middle of a drug addiction problem, you probably know this as well as anyone. Maybe you’ve thought about quitting drugs, but you have hesitated due to common fears about sobriety. Your actions are normal because quitting a habit like substance use is a big change in life, and it comes with apprehensions. People may not know what to expect. Therefore, Northern Illinois Recovery Center can walk you through at some of the common fears about sobriety and dispel them.
What Are The Common Fears About Sobriety?
People, looking on, who don’t do drugs may not understand how anyone could have any fear of becoming sober. We know how substance abuse harms the body and life; so it may seem odd to think that there would be any problems. However, there are common fears about sobriety that we can address. They are as follows:
- You’ll Never Have Fun Again: Some people think that they won’t be able to have fun if they aren’t doing drugs. Their lives are so centered around doing drugs that they don’t know if they will be able to have fun without it. However, this isn’t true. You’ll find new ways to have fun as you continue on your journey of healing.
- You Won’t Have Any Friends: You’re probably used to associating with people who use drugs, too. Maybe this is who most of our friends are. But you will make new friends through group therapy.
- You Won’t Know What To Do With Yourself: It can be a little strange at first because your whole life will feel like it has changed. You have to get used to not doing the old routine that you were doing in the past and create new, healthy habits.
- You Can’t Live Without Drugs: We all have an inner voice. Sometimes our inner voice tells us that we can’t accomplish our goals, or we can’t live without drugs. This inner voice will lie to us, but we can overcome drugs and achieve our goals with the help of therapy.
Overcoming Common Fears
To overcome common fears about sobriety, you need to find a treatment program that will assist you with this. You can be successful in living without drug addiction and avoiding relapse by reaching out to a drug rehab facility. The fears you have about living sober are unfounded. Once you begin your journey to healing, you will realize that life can be enjoyable without drugs. You’ll meet new acquaintances that you can become friends with. A trained therapist will help you understand what treatment program is best for you.
Some of the treatment programs include:
- Partial hospitalization treatment program
- Medication-assisted treatment program
- Outpatient treatment program
- Intensive outpatient treatment program
- Sober living treatment program
If you have a free schedule, then you may consider partial hospitalization. If you feel that you can handle with just regular therapy, then you may want to try an outpatient program.
Get Help At Northern Illinois Recovery Center
At Northern Illinois Recovery Center, we’re ready to help you find peace of mind. As you find sobriety at our drug rehab treatment program, you will discover a brighter future is possible. Through these therapy programs, help is available:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy treatment
- EMDR treatment
- Individual therapy treatment
- Dialectical behavior therapy treatment
Don’t let addiction steal your happiness and peace in life. Now that you know common fears about sobriety, you can find a way to break free for good. So contact us at 855.786.1978, and we’ll help you get started today.