When you receive the right treatment for drug or alcohol addiction, you are more likely to meet your recovery goals. An individualized recovery program in Illinois overseen by a team of treatment specialists can help you achieve lifelong recovery without relapsing. Once you complete the program, you have the tools you need to break the cycle of addiction for good. An individualized recovery program begins with detox, carries you through rehab, and reinforces what you’ve learned in aftercare programs. You can engage in evidence-based and holistic treatment while participating in an array of activities that strengthen your resolve. Let’s take a closer look at what you can expect from an individualized recovery program at Northern Illinois Recovery Center.
What is an Individualized Recovery Program?
Although the symptoms and effects of addiction are common with many people, each individual’s road to addiction and recovery is unique. An addiction treatment center offers a variety of therapies and programs designed to meet unique needs and help clients meet their goals. A person can tailor their treatment in the following ways:
- Residential or outpatient care
- Telehealth rehab programs
- Addiction aftercare programs
- Different types of behavioral therapy
- Treatment for a specific type of addiction
- Gender-specific addiction treatment
- Options for holistic therapy
Once you have completed detox, a treatment specialist can meet with you to discuss your addiction, go over your treatment options, and develop a plan for our recovery. They will also conduct a comprehensive assessment of your condition to make sure you get on the right path to recovery.
Three Ways to Succeed at an Individualized Recovery Program
Regardless of how advanced addiction therapy services are, the success of your recovery will still depend on you. It is possible to get through rehab and not grow or learn. Therefore, if you are truly committed to recovery, then learn to make the most of your rehab program by doing the following:
- List Your Goals: Your motivation to quit drinking or using drugs probably extends beyond your addiction. You may have some personal, family, or career you want to meet. There may be some health or emotional issues you want to tackle. Whatever it is that you want to accomplish, goals can provide motivation and focus, giving you a clearer understanding of what’s at stake. When you list your goals, be specific about what it is you want to achieve. Make sure your goals are tangible and measurable, not just broad concepts. Also, break your goals down into milestones so that you are not overwhelmed by the size of the goal.
- Immerse Yourself in Your Recovery: You are about to invest a tremendous amount of time, energy, and money into your recovery. So, fully participate in your individualized recovery program and focus on improving all areas of your life, not just your addiction. Take advantage of everything that substance abuse treatment programs have to offer. Also, go into your treatment with the proper frame of mind. Honestly, nobody wants to face their addiction and the hard work it takes to get through rehab. Those who make the best of it, however, are more likely to succeed beyond what they thought possible.
- Join Aftercare Programs: Once you complete rehab, you may feel uneasy about getting back into your normal routine at home or work. Doing so can create stress that can lead to a relapse. Aftercare programs can help strengthen your resolve and give you the motivation you need to keep going long after rehab is complete. Aftercare programs may include sober living houses, support groups, continued one-on-one therapy, and alumni programs. All of these programs are designed to promote lifelong recovery and give you a full support network that you can count on.
Learn More About the Individualized Recovery Program at Northern Illinois Recovery Center
Are you ready to get professional help for your addiction? Then learn more about the individualized recovery program at Northern Illinois Recovery Center. Call Northern Illinois Recovery Center at 855.786.1978 to speak with a treatment specialist and get started at our drug addiction rehab center.
Licensed Physician and Surgeon
Dr. Beth Dunlap, a board-certified addiction medicine and family medicine physician, and is the medical director at Northern Illinois Recovery Center. She is responsible for overseeing all the integrated medical services at both campuses. Beth completed medical school, residency, and fellowship at Northwestern University, where she continues to serve on the faculty as a member of the Department of Family and Community Medicine. She has extensive experience in addiction medicine at all levels of care, and her clinical interests include integrated primary care and addiction medicine, harm reduction, and medication-assisted treatment.