Once you decide that you are ready to do something about your addiction, It is time to get professional help. Alcohol treatment centers in Illinois can play an integral part in your recovery. When you get the help you need from a qualified therapist, your chances of recovery are much higher.
Northern Illinois Recovery Center offers an array of treatments that can help you through every stage of recovery, including:
- Addiction assessment
- Treatment plan development
- 30, 60, or 90-day rehab
- Aftercare programs
- Long-term medication-assisted treatment
You don’t have to battle your addiction yourself. You can get the support you need from caring professionals who are truly vested in your recovery. Let’s take a closer look at the role that alcohol treatment centers in Illinois play in your recovery.
Why You May Need Professional Help
Just because you decided to stop drinking, it doesn’t mean that you actually will. If you try to quit on your own, you may find that it is extremely difficult. There are several reasons for this.
First, you may experience mild to severe alcohol withdrawal symptoms. These may kill your motivation to stop drinking and cause you to relapse. Each relapse can make you feel more hopeless.
Second, withdrawal symptoms can be dangerous. They can cause some medical emergencies. If you are by yourself, you may have no one to turn to who can give you instant medical treatment to help you with your withdrawal symptoms. Treatment centers also offer medication-assisted treatment (MAT) to reduce the withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
Third, you may quickly realize that your home or work environment is not conducive to a full recovery. Whether you choose inpatient or outpatient care, treatment is highly structured and designed to keep you on track. Your home may be anything but structured, containing too many distractions that derail your resolve to stop drinking.
How Alcohol Treatment Centers in Illinois Help
Alcohol addiction is complex. It can involve a variety of factors that contribute to your condition. If you a mental disorder such as anxiety, depression, or PTSD, the issues become even more complicated, requiring extensive assessment and treatment. Alcohol Treatment Centers in Illinois can help you in the following ways.
- Effective Detox Services: The first step in getting help for your addiction is detox. Treatment centers offer a complete detox program that includes medication-assisted treatment, 24/7 supervision, emergency medical services, and comfortable, safe facilities. All treatments are designed to help you get through detox and prepare you for rehabilitation from alcoholism.
- Outpatient Treatment: If you require professional help for your condition but do not require ongoing supervision, outpatient treatment gives you the flexibility you need. Outpatient treatment combines evidence-based treatment and holistic care to help you in all areas of your life. You can engage fully in the program while staying committed to work, home, and school obligations.
- Aftercare Programs: Aftercare programs are designed to help you make a smooth transition from rehab back into your daily life. Services may include a sober living program, alumni program, support groups, and continued therapy. You can create a support network that helps you avoid relapse.
- Dual Diagnosis: A dual diagnosis is vital if you have both an addiction and a mental health issue that you need to address. A treatment specialist can assess your condition and provide a plan that helps you manage the symptoms of your disorder while overcoming your addiction.
Learn More About Alcohol Treatment Centers at Northern Illinois Recovery Center
If you need help with alcoholism, then learn more about the benefits of alcohol treatment centers in Illinois. Northern Illinois Recovery Center provides an array of treatments for alcoholism and other types of addictions. Find out more about our addiction therapy services by calling Northern Illinois Recovery Center at 855.786.1978.