There are numerous warning alcoholism signs that may indicate that you have a problem with drinking. Recognizing alcoholism signs may be difficult. However, some signs are apparent. In fact, your friends or family may detect that something is wrong before you are aware of your problem. Therefore, if you notice any early alcoholism signs, you should seek help from a professional.
An alcohol treatment center in Illinois can help you overcome alcoholism and get on the road to recovery. By working with a treatment specialist, you can identify the factors that have led to alcoholism and how you can move beyond your addiction into recovery.
Recognizing Alcoholism Signs
There are several ways to recognize if you have a problem with alcoholism. Some signs that you may be drinking too much include:
- You have tried and failed to quit drinking multiple times
- Others have noticed your excessive drinking
- You’re obsessed with alcohol – you can’t live without it
- Binge drinking has affected areas of your life such as family, finances, or work
- You deny that you have a problem or avoid conversation with others
- Your behavior and mood have drastically changed
If someone has recently approached you about your alcohol problem, then that may also be an indicator that you have a problem. If you are unsure about what you should do, then a good first step may be to consult a treatment specialist at an addiction treatment center.
Symptoms of Alcohol Abuse
Alcoholism can lead to physical, emotional, and mental problems that plague your life day in and day out. Some of these symptoms include:
- Blacking out and not remembering what happened the night before
- Moodiness, agitations, or feeling irritated
- Feeling tired and losing motivation
- Skipping work, school, or family activities so that you can drink
- Feeling isolated and wanting to be alone
You may also experience a wide range of health problems such as liver damage, heart disease, brain, and nervous system problems, anemia, cancer, seizures, or digestive problems. If you are experiencing health problems due to alcoholism, then seek medical help right away.
The most effective way to stop drinking and reclaim control of your life is to enter an alcohol rehab program in California. A licensed therapist can provide professional support, treatment, and guidance as you begin your road to recovery.
An alcohol treatment center offers a safe environment where you can detox and get the help you need from people who genuinely care about your recovery. You can take advantage of short-term care and long-term support.
Contact Northern Illinois Recovery Center Today for Alcoholism Recovery
If you or a loved have recognized alcoholism signs in your life, then it’s time to seek professional help for your addiction. Northern Illinois Recovery Center offers comprehensive therapy and treatment for alcohol and drug abuse. We are here to help you get back on your feet and lead a happier, healthier life. To find out more about your treatment options, call us today at 855.786.1978.