Once you get through the initial detoxification step, you have a decision to make on your next substance abuse treatment program. Do you attend an inpatient or outpatient rehab center in Illinois? Both have their benefits and drawbacks; it is also essential to carefully consider what method will be the best solution for you. Let’s explore what both inpatient and outpatient rehab centers in Illinois can offer.
Inpatient verse Outpatient Rehab Centers in Illinois
If you have been affected by addiction, it is highly likely that many people in your life will recommend that you participate in an inpatient rehab. While this solution may sound nice, it is not always the best for people in recovery. Inpatient treatment can be highly disruptive to a person’s life and result in added stress that can lead to relapse shortly after leaving the center.
Inpatient rehab is similar to a time out for those with addiction problems. It can be costly, and you will not be able to work while in the program. These programs are entirely immersive, and while they fit some personalities, others have a tough time transitioning back to their homes after their experience.
Outpatient rehab centers in Illinois allow people to continue to work and adjust their home life as they work on their addiction treatment. One reason that family members and doctors favor inpatient rehabs is that they see your addiction problem as a dire situation. They believe in taking the most extreme measures necessary to overcome it.
Benefits of Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabs in Illinois
With both options, you will have access to group, family, and individual therapies. You can attend a program that offers alternative medicine techniques, or you can integrate them into an outpatient drug rehab center northern Illinois offers. You will have the opportunity to surround yourself with others in recovery with both options.
- You are entirely not in your old life situation
- You spend 24 hours a day focused on treatment and recovery
- Someone is watching you around the clock
- You have 24-hour care at your fingertips
- You have the opportunity to change your life situation to suit and support your sobriety while taking part in intensive treatment
- Maintain employment
- You can set up your support system, family, new friends, etc. during the early stages of treatment
- Treatment is less expensive and more likely to be covered by insurance
- Your treatment options are more flexible (if you don’t like a therapist or group, you can easily switch)
- You have the opportunity to retain any level of treatment that you need at any point
The decision is ultimately up to you. Find out what your caretakers, such as your doctor and current support system, think if you are having a hard time making a decision. Either way, do not feel forced into either situation as that will not be helpful for your recovery.
Let your support system know what you are thinking and why you see this as the best option for you. If you are honest with yourself and sincere about your choice, your family, friends, and medical caretakers should be supportive of your decision. Outpatient rehab centers in Illinois such as Northern Illinois Recovery Center can help you reclaim your life with the least amount of disruption to it. Call us today at 855.786.1978">855.786.1978 to get started.