Addiction recovery is a complex process that affects both the emotional and physical aspects of a person. Medication can indeed help you cope with aspects such as physical dependence. The medication may even play a role in your psychological healing. But this is usually to a lesser extent. Those in recovery need people to guide them through their journey. A recovery coaching program focuses on your current position, where you want to go, and it holds you accountable. The program can be very beneficial to those who are trying to embrace sobriety. Northern Illinois Recovery Center is in a position to offer recovery coaching services. Reach out to us for more information on how this program can help you overcome substance abuse.
Benefits of a Recovery Coaching Program
In addiction recovery, extended care is very crucial. People who have an addiction disorder may overcome it temporarily when they are in rehab facilities. This is because they are in a supervised environment with medications to help them recover. But when they leave these centers, they face the challenges of temptations that the free world has. It becomes easier for them to relapse.
One solution to this challenge is to join a sober living program. Another viable option can be a recovery coaching program. Take a look at some of the benefits those in recovery can enjoy under this program:
- Greater Accountability: This program helps to set attainable goals as they pursue complete recovery. Usually, the program relies on a peer support system. In the system, peer specialists teach how to hold themselves accountable for their actions during the recovery process.
- Access to Resources: The coaching program puts those in recovery in a position to secure the essential services of other specialists as they recover. These may include access to therapists or the 12 step program, among others. This improves the chances of making a complete recovery.
- Smoother Transition: Rehab facilities often have a highly structured system. You know what caregivers expect of you. Moving from such a setting to the liberal world can be hard. The one in recovery may find it difficult to assimilate back. A recovery coaching program helps you to navigate this challenge.
- Support System for Your Family: A coach removes the burden of caring from the family. This allows family members to focus on loving and supporting the loved one in recovery but not as a responsibility. Coaches also educate family members on issues surrounding addiction. This helps them understand your situation better.
- Mitigating Relapse: Those in recovery can relapse quite fast if they feel neglected by society. Certain triggers can also lead to a situation where relapse occurs. A recovery coaching program helps you identify and control these triggers. The coach will always be there to listen and offer support to you.
Recovery Coaching Program at Northern Illinois Recovery Center
The addiction recovery journey is multi-faceted. It is not always about medication alone. Recoverees need people and support systems to help them maintain sobriety for a longer time. The longer they get this support and stay sober, the higher the chances of making a full recovery.
Northern Illinois Recovery has the following programs to assist with your recovery:
- Addiction aftercare programs: These programs will enable you to achieve long-term recovery. They will minimize the chances of relapsing.
- Individual therapy program: The therapy improves your communication skills to help you express your emotions freely. It can help you to mend broken relationships.
- Telehealth rehab program: This program offers treatment to patients without the need for them to come to the facility. Caregivers will get to you through different channels of communication.
- Holistic treatment approach: The approach fuses evidence-based therapies with other treatments to maximize the chances of recovery.
Battling addiction on your own can be overwhelming. You need people to talk to and guide you through the addiction recovery journey. Contact Northern Illinois Recovery Center at 855.786.1978 for a comprehensive recovery coaching program. We will help you shoulder the burden and guide you towards complete recovery.